Marriage is one of the most significant projects in a person's life. Relationships are not easy, and it is normal that there are stages where conflicts and difficulties arise. This occurs because, despite the bonds of affection that unite you, each one has your own needs, tastes, insecurities, and vision of the world.
Usually, you can resolve these differences with proper communication and mutual respect. However, there are situations in which the action of the couple is not enough to solve the problems, even though both have the best intention to do so. In those cases, marriage counseling can be salvation.
Marriage counseling is a discipline that allows the two members of a couple to openly discuss their real problems from a sincere point of view. With the help of a professional therapist, both will seek to fix what is failing in the relationship and preventing them from enjoying love.
When to Attend Marriage Counseling?
Couples usually go to a professional when the situation is extreme. They think about couple therapy as a last resort to rescue the marriage. However, if you wait until the last moment, you run the risk of seeing a therapist after you have passed the no-return point.
The best time to attend marriage counseling is when you feel there is a situation you cannot handle. Keep in mind that the key to success for this type of treatment is honesty. If you make a serious evaluation of your relationship and feel that you need help, don't hesitate to let your partner know. If you need marriage counseling in West Chicago IL contact us, the specialists at St. Charles Counseling are ready to support you. It is essential that you know the benefits of great couples therapy:
Benefits of Marriage Counseling
- You will be able to identify the real problems beyond the discussions.
- You will have the opportunity to put yourself in the other's shoes to improve your understanding of the couple.
- You’ll improve communication. Poor communication is the cause of many couple conflicts. On the other hand, good communication is a powerful tool to resolve them.
- You will be able to overcome small crises before they become big problems.
- Therapy allows you to overcome problems of intimacy, helping to improve the stability of the couple
- Couple therapy is a useful tool for overcoming infidelity
- Helps to redirect plans, combining common objectives with individual goals.
- Combat distancing with the partner
- Increases satisfaction and happiness within the relationship
- Provides tools for the couple to resolve future situations, and to improve the relationship
- Helps everyone get to know themselves better
- Promotes proactivity in the relationship
- Helps the couple learn to listen to each other
- You will learn to be assertive: you’ll be able to express without hurting each other.
- Allows everyone to know and understand each other's needs
Let Us Support You in Improving Your Marriage
If you feel that things with your partner are not going as well as you expect and that you require marriage counseling in West Chicago IL, the expert therapists at St. Charles Counseling are ready to assist you.
Our therapy system will provide you with tools from two of the most effective methods of couple conflict resolution: the Gottman method and the Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT). With these new resources, you and your partner will learn how to understand and love each other in a satisfying way, strengthening and growing your relationship. Contact us.Marriage Counseling West Chicago IL
We welcome your comments!
Complete the contact form now to begin your journey today:
St. Charles Counseling has been providing counseling services in the Fox Valley area since 2004. Every therapist at St. Charles Counseling have each been a licensed therapist for 20 years or more and have a combined experience of over 75 years in the counseling field. We offer individual, adolescent, marriage and family counseling to clients from the Fox Valley and surrounding areas, including West Chicago, Campton Hills, South Elgin, Geneva, and Batavia.
We feel strongly that therapy is not a place people come once they have failed. Rather, it’s what they do once they have decided to face life’s challenges head on and have chosen to succeed at overcoming them. You can do it. We can help.