Article provided by: truvida.com
Drug treatment near me
Embarking on the journey towards sobriety is a challenging but liberating task. And like many addicts have come to discover, it’s a task that’s difficult to tackle alone. When seeking to break free from addiction, it’s essential to know that you need more just dedication and willpower. Numerous studies have established the fact that substance use disorder is a physiological problem. Just like any other disease, needing treatment to overcome addiction is not a sign of weakness. If I was suffering from drug or alcohol addiction and searching for the best drug treatment near me, it implies I have accepted I need help, and that’s the very first step on the journey towards rehabilitation.
What do you do at a rehabilitation center?
If I was searching for a drug treatment center near me, it is only normal to be apprehensive about what happens in rehab. The overall aim of rehab centers is to wean their patients off drugs and set them on the path towards sobriety. To achieve this, the centers provide medical and psychological help for people battling addiction. Besides, they help them develop coping skills that can help them resist triggers or steer clear of situations that may prompt them to use drugs.
What happens before admission into a rehab?
- Initial consultation: During this stage, a therapist or sober coach will get to know the patient’s history and discuss their treatment options.
- Physical and Psychological assessment: A quality drug treatment center near me would perform a full physical and psychological work up to detect underlying mental or physical health issues, if any.
- Custom treatment plan: All patients are not the same. A good drug treatment center would devise a treatment plan that would be tailored to the needs of each patient. The treatment plan should include detoxification, rehabilitation, and recovery/aftercare phases.
What happens during rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation treatment plans typically involve several stages with different approaches to treatment and goals. Ultimately, patients would move through the steps at their own pace, but the following are the stages I would expect a facility to cover when seeking drug treatment near me:
- Detox: This is the most intensive phase of drug rehabilitation. The patient receives medical care to facilitate safe withdrawal from the substance of abuse. The body is also left to get rid of the remaining drugs in the system during this phase.
- Early abstinence: This phase begins just after detox. The goal of treatment is to help the patient minimize cravings and manage self-harm tendencies.
- Maintaining abstinence: This phase typically lasts for about 30-90 days. Individual and group cognitive-behavioral therapy sessions are a common feature in this phase.
- Discharge: After the therapist or physician might have ascertained your capacity to abstain from drugs, they would discharge you from the facility.
- Aftercare: Rehabilitation programs offer aftercare to their clients. This phase would involve support group meetings and minimal monitoring to avoid relapse.
Contact us for drug treatment near you
If you live around Lake Forest, CA, TruVida Recovery is a foremost drug rehab near you. We offer flexible programs that are tailored to the needs of our patients, and we have no doubt you’d get satisfactory answers to your queries. Get in touch with us today, and our sober coach would be on hand to attend to your needs.
Drug Treatment near me
View Larger Map